Basic Principles of Divorce Mediation
Uncontested Divorce Mediation
Because mediation takes place behind closed doors, with a relatively small group of people, and because it’s not by nature a very exciting process, it’s often not well-understood by the general public.
As such, some of the basic principles of divorce mediation probably need to be explicitly stated. This information will help you as you do your research and decide between mediation and a traditional courtroom divorce.
At Split Simple, we’ve seen the good mediation can do. We know it can solve seemingly intractable problems. We’re confident it’s likely the right choice for you.
If you have questions about the mediation process as used by our experienced attorney-mediators, please call Split Simple today at (855) 665-9920 for Chicago divorce mediation and uncontested divorce services in Denver.
Our Core Philosophy
At Split Simple, we’ve built an uncontested divorce process that works. We know this because we’ve seen it work, and we’ve honed our system over years of experience. Still, for all our experience, our mediation process is built on the foundation of some core mediation principles.
This foundation includes the following core beliefs:
- Divorces are best handled in a calm environment where the goal is a productive exchange of ideas
- Mediation should strive to increase each party’s sense of engagement, ownership and agency. Settlements are best when they reflect the contributions of all parties, not just the dictates of a more powerful authority figure
- Mediation should be fair and impartial- the attorney-mediator should not favor one side or the other and should be a disinterested party.
- Mediators should possess significant experience in the fields of family law and possess the relevant knowledge base required to make informed decisions
- Divorce mediation involving child care issues should be concerned above all else with the best interests of the child
Obviously every case is unique, and there are a number of specific policies we have to handle individual issues. But these principles define our larger practice and the way we handle mediation.
If the above principles strike you as sound and you want to learn more about our attorney-mediators, please call Split Simple today at (855) 665-9920 or contact us online for Chicago divorce mediation and uncontested divorce services in Denver.